Sunday, August 10, 2014

Filipino Fun

Filipino Festival 2014


I was listening to a radio station out of Richmond, Virginia when I heard a random announcement for a Filipino Festival this weekend.  Oh my!  How could I resist a trip to Richmond for some Filipino food and entertainment?

My small gang headed out with thoughts of pansit and adobo in mind.  We had great weather for the trip and only got lost once or twice!  We won't talk about how this happened (hubby).  After the minor setbacks we found the church and got great parking.  That's always nice.

We made our way through the kid area and vendors.  Lots of traditional Filipino clothing and accessories.  Not many crafts though so I didn't find anything to buy.

There was a covered area for eating and watching the performances.  So we made our way to the food line to check out the good eats.  I chose pansit to start.  Hubby got an empanada and lumpia.  The pansit was good but not as good as my own, naturally.  Hubby rated the lumpia as good and the empanada as "I could eat these all day" great.

The children's Filipino class was performing as we ate.  After that came the line dancing with many from the audience participating.  Although Hubby's feet were itching to head over there, he managed to restrain himself!  Too bad.  I probably would have gotten some prime photos!

Next came a dance troup Kultura Pilipino.  They had performed the night before and were back by request.  No wonder.  They were fabulous!  It was very difficult to get photos from my position under the tent.  Lots of photos with heads and poles in inconvenient places.  But I did manage to get some nice shots anyway.  Enjoy.












 #filipinodance, #Kulturapilipino, #pinoy, #filipinofestival, #filipinocostume,

No comments:

Post a Comment