Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Town At Busch Gardens

So far I've been to #Christmas Town two times.  The first time was for opening weekend.  The weather was almost perfect.  It was in the 60's.  Just cool enough to need a light jacket.  Of course I would have preferred 75 degrees but you can't have everything.


We also went the day after Thanksgiving.  Brrrr!  I should have gone with my first thought and broke out the thermals.  It was sooo cold!  Didn't stop the crowds though.  It's amazing how popular Christmas Town is becoming.  Busch Gardens really puts a lot into it.  They even have heaters placed all around the park to help the chilly willies like me!  And the lights are fantastic.  Not to mention the famous peppermint fudge hot chocolate.  Not on my low carb diet but what the hey!  I tell myself that all the walking will counteract it.


The decorations and carolers in England reminded me of a Dickens classic.  The only thing that was missing was Ebenezer Scrooge.



The shows are always crowd pleasers.  The one I like the best is Miracles.  Very beautiful sets.



Other than Christmas Town I've missed out on all the other festivities around here.  The Grand Illumination at Colonial Williamsburg was today but it was too cold for me.  I'm pretty sturdy in most ways but not when it comes to cold weather.  Give me summer!  Thankfully in Virginia it's not unheard of to have warm weather in December.  In fact it was almost 80 degrees on Friday.  Lovely!
I thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted.  The perfect scenario would be a beautiful white Christmas that obligingly melts away on Dec 26!  Fingers crossed...

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment